NOV 2012~NEW PETITION~STOP BELO MONTE
Antonia Melo Movimento Xingu Vivo Para Sempre
Most of them are still waiting for decisions in the cabinets of your Excellencies and the few decisions that banned the irregular work continuity have been suspended arbitrarily by the upper instances. Therefore, the Belo Monte dam is a project whose illegal construction is being made possible by authoritarianism and slowdowns by your Excellencies.
All want the development of Brazil, but we do not accept that mega-projects such as the Belo Monte dam be deployed anyway, against democratic institutions of our country, causing serious violations of the rights of Brazilian citizens in Xingu and compromising the present and future of the Amazon, Brazil’s heritage and of our planet.
The Belo Monte dam campaign: Justice now! was created for society to demand the trial of actions stalled in Brazilian justice, who question violations of human rights and environmental legislation arising from the construction of the Belo Monte hydroelectric power plant in Altamira in para.
The Belo Monte licensing remains in illegality with the connivance of the Brazilian justice! Dozens of lawsuits filed by Federal prosecutors, the public defender in the State of Pará and civil society are stuck for years with no explanation!
The undue delay of Justice to resolve the situation, allows the Belo Monte works progress on illegality, using public money, raping the environment and populations of the region about 600 metres from the Xingu River still at liberty. But if demand now from the Judiciary JUSTICE AS the case Belo Monte, together we can change the course of history!
- Sign the petition and share the petition with your friends, posting on your social networks
Pending lawsuits Against the Belo Monte Dam
- Subject: public Civil action to ensure that the Belo Monte licensing is done by Ibama and not by the State body, however the Eletronorte, and to be prevented from hiring Fadesp for studies, without bidding Defendants: Eletronorte/Fadesp Situation: Sentence considering coming in part in the first instance. Sentence confirmed on collegiate decision on TRF1. Transit has the force of res judicata.
- Subject: ACP to annul Legislative Decree 788 and ensure the prior hearing of the indigenous peoples Defendants: Eletronorte/Eletrobrás/Ibama/Funai Situation: Sentence considering unfounded, the judge Herculaneum Nacif. MPF appealed. Awaiting trial in Second Instance. Judge Rapporteur Selene.
- Subject: ACP to prohibit Eletrobras to conduct Environmental impact studies without the obligatory term of reference Defendants: Eletrobrás Situation: Sentence considering unfounded, the judge Herculaneum Nacif. MPF appealed. Awaiting trial in Second Instance. Judge Rapporteur Selene.
- Subject: agreement to prevent ACP contractors to carry out the studies Defendants: Situation:
- Subject: ACP to cancel the acceptance of incomplete Eia-Rima by Ibama and the Integrated environmental assessment Defendants: Ibama/Eletrobrás/Eletronorte/Andrade Gutierrez/Camargo Chidambaram/Norberto Odebrecht//Aneel Situation: conflict of jurisdiction. Rapporteur Selene. Injunction granted in part at 6/2/2009. Suspended by decision monocrática in 8/5/2009 during disputes. Awaiting trial in first instance.
- Subject: action of misconduct against Ibama server who signed the acceptance of incomplete Eia-Rima. Defendants: Adriano Rafael, Shudders Queiroz Situation: Decree extinguishing process without examination of merits in 3/15/2010. MPF appeal accepted in 03/2011, awaits trial in Federal Court of the 1st region. Italian Judge Rapporteur Fioravanti Sabo Mendes.
- Subject: public civil action to suspend the licence and the auction until the regulated utilization of water resources in indigenous lands, in accordance with article 176 of the Constitution Defendants: Aneel/Ibama/Funai, the União and Eletrobrás. Situation: Conflict of competence no 0041329-41.2011.4.01.0000. Judge Rapporteur Jirair Megueriam. Judged competence of Bethlehem in 10/4/2011. Injunction granted in 4/14/2010. Suspended by monocrática in 4/16/2010 decision, confirmed by the collegial body in 6/17/2010. Awaiting trial in first instance.
- Subject: public Civil action to suspend Partial installation License granted by Ibama without prediction in environmental legislation. Defendants: Nesa/Ibama/BNDES Situation: conflict of jurisdiction have not jogged on TRF1. Judge Hugo Vinnie Silva da Gama Filho, of the 9th Federal Court in Bethlehem-Stick Environment created in 2010 by order of the TRF1-declined jurisdiction to the Federal Court of Altamira in 7/13/2011. Injunction granted in 2/25/2011. Suspended by decision of the President of TRF1 monocrática in 3/3/2011. Even without trial by the collegial body of the TRF1. Awaiting trial in first instance.
- Subject: public Civil action to suspend the installation license granted by Ibama without the constraints imposed by Ibama have been met. Defendants: Nesa/Ibama Situation: conflict of jurisdiction have not jogged on TRF1 conflict of jurisdiction established by judge Ruy Daw Son, Federal Court of Altamira, on 9/30/2011. Judge Hugo Vinnie Silva da Gama Filho, of the 9th Federal Court in Bethlehem-the environmental Stick created in 2010 by order of the TRF1-declined jurisdiction to the Federal Court of Altamira in 7/13/2011. Has an interlocutory appeal on TRF1, although there is no injunction.
- Subject: public Civil action to suspend the works to prevent the removal of indigenous peoples and to ensure Juruna and Macaw the respect of nature and of future generations. Defendants: Nesa Situation: conflicts of competence. Judge Hugo Vinnie Silva da Gama Filho, of the 9th Federal Court in Bethlehem-the environmental Stick created in 2010 by order of the TRF1-declined jurisdiction to the Federal Court of Altamira in 8/18/2011. Without a court decision.
- Subject: public Civil action to suspend the works and compel the submission of registration-economic, respect for the inviolability of the domicile of peasants and the settlement fundária by MDA Defendants: Nesa/Union Situation: Judge Ruy Dias de Souza Filho declined jurisdiction for the 9th Federal Court in Belem.