Justice and FEDERAL COURT of APPEAL shall suspend the order to remove Indians terenas Buriti farm

6/5/2013 day Edition                 

6/5/2013 09:09 pm -updated 6/5/2013 09:09 pm               

            

Justice and FEDERAL COURT of APPEAL shall suspend the order to remove Indians terenas Buriti farm

In a previous decision, the duration of the repossession would end on Wednesday (5). The increase in agrarian conflict led the Government to send soldiers to the region.

                         
 

The Federal Court of Mato Grosso do Sul and the Federal Regional Court, in São Paulo, suspended the order to remove Indians terenas Buriti farm. In a previous decision, the duration of the repossession would end on Wednesday (5). The increase in agrarian conflict led the Government to send soldiers to the region.

In all, 70 men of the National Force arrived early to Campo Grande and must follow on Thursday to the town of Sidrolandia, where, last week, a repossession action ended with the death of the Indian Oziel Gabriel.

Throughout the day, military helicopters flew into the area of conflict in Sidrolândia. The Federal Court suspended repossession order. The Indians terenas continue in the areas invaded.

The Buriti Farm has already been recognized as indigenous land, but the owner appealed and obtained favorable decisions in the second instance of Justice.

With the increased tension in the region, farmers are pulling out the herd. A stampede left the Farm Lindóia, raided on Monday by terenas.

The Indian Rashid Gabriel Alves, shot on Tuesday in another farm in the area, the São Sebastião, is hospitalized with a bullet lodged in the column. The police investigate the case.

In his version, the Indians did not try to invade the farm. “We were going to just see. was not intention of resuming it,” he said.

The Minister of Justice, Jose Eduardo Cardozo, also went to the State and met with indigenous leaders. “Thanks to God, the Minister came to support us. That is what we were needing, of peace, of tranquility, “says Genivaldo Antônio Campos, indigenous leader.

“There was, at first glance, an understanding that in a climate of violence is not going to get anywhere. In an atmosphere of violence, we will not guarantee or be able to secure any of the rights involved, “says Jose Eduardo Cardozo, Minister of Justice.

video on the link~ http://g1.globo.com/jornal-nacional/noticia/2013/06/justica-e-trf-suspendem-ordem-para-retirar-indios-terenas-de-fazenda-buriti.html

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: